Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Tim Tams of the Caribbean

10/21/12

Cookies.

It's taking a lot of will power to not eat all of these today. I got them on kind of a whim really; a couple weeks ago I was behind a guy in line who mentioned how good they were, but I didn't try them until now! My staple snack food/sweet was cinni-minni crunch cereal (a passable imitation of Cinnamon Toast Crunch that is actually quite good) but island life! No more cinni minni crunch, no donut holes, what to do! (Clearly I need my sweets. I have come to terms with no ice cream for breakfast, but I have to draw the line somewhere!) So I decided to give them a try...and they are so good! Guess I know what I am bringing home for Christmas! 



They are a bit like Oreos really, except the outside cookie is a bit softer. Flakier, more melt-in-your-mouth. More real-chocolate tasting than oreos too. The inside is creme similar to that of oreos, but again, a little softer. 



When I first got here one of my friends told me that I'd find something that I loved here like Tim Tams from New Zealand...I think I've found it!


This was a pretty great sunset from a few nights ago. I really like it because it reminds me of this painting in my house. Kind of like a modern bird with all different kinds of colors like clouds. Reminds me of this view; the wispy clouds really remind me of an eagle with outstretched wings coming in to land.

Maybe I've just been starting at my computer studying for too long. Almost time to start a new week...have a good one everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment