10/13/12
It is raining incredibly hard outside. This is why: Tropical Storm Rafael. I've been up for 5 or 6 hours now (apparently I was legitimately exhausted--I set my alarm "just in case, so I don't miss my skype date at 10," but haven't slept past 6AM the whole time I've been here. Not today!) and already have some cabin fever going. For one there's not really much to do other than study, but it's also monsooning outside and that doesn't really make me eager to run out. Especially if it means heading to the library. (Seriously, I don't know how people study in there. It is SO quiet. Too quiet. I feel like I'm bothering people when I turn a page or you know, breathe.)
This is an image of the tropical storm. I really hope it doesn't develop into a hurricane. I think the actual storm part has passed us (it started in the Caribbean I think, according to a friend anyways) and is heading north.
(Google Images)
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. And you know why? Because we are so... very... pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die. Huh? Look at that chiseled jaw, huh? Come on!" -Mal, Firefly
The weather for the next few days is equally as bleak:
Weather for Dominica
![]() | 26°C | °F | Sat | Sun | Mon | Tue | |||||
| Light Rain | ||||||||||
| Wind: S at 32 km/h | ||||||||||
| Humidity: 89% | 33° | 24° | 33° | 24° | 32° | 24° | 32° | 28° | ||
But hopefully it won't develop into a tropical storm. I'd like to get through at least one rainy season here with no hurricanes! Mostly because I truly have no idea what to do in a hurricane. I've never lived in a place that has them. Do you stay inside? Is that even safe? Move to high ground? Literally no idea. I should probably find that.
Instead of going out, I am stuck dreaming what it is like outside (I feel like Rapunzel in Tangled, "when will my life begin..." I adore this movie).
There are a few things I am looking forward to style wise when I get back home:
- Having some. A lack of bug spray, actual hot water, non-rainy-non-brown-water, no large amounts of sunscreen, and temperatures occasionally below 75.
- Sweaters.
- Jeans.
- Long sleeved shirts.
- Purses. (Backpack, be gone!)
- Jackets.
So I was thinking that Kristen Stewart is all fine and well, but another person who I think is incredibly beautiful (and generally looks pretty awesome) is Keira Knightley! Most of you know I will see any movie (or well, almost any) if she is in it! She's a terrific actress and more importantly for this post, I love her style! (Except for the hats. In most pictures she is always rocking the hat and I'm no sure why. Must stem from a desire to go incognito...but I really think that might make it worse. Or maybe she just likes hats.) Anyways.
(Google Images)
I love this look. I like her shirt a lot. Long sleeved shirts are not something I ever got into, but I think I should change that! I like the jeans, bag, and shoes too. I am starting to think that maybe I should just start hanging around taller people so I can wear heels. I feel so left out! They are so cute! And make your legs look super good. Or perhaps I should try and get into modeling so I can wear them somewhere at least! If only I was just a few inches shorter! (According to google, Keira Knightley is 5'7"...that would be perfect! Gah!) Don't get me wrong, I love being tall. There are many benefits (lots of studies of success, income, positions of power, etc and being tall. I definitely know from experience that virtually anywhere I work people think I'm in charge! That might also be stemmed from I typically know (or at least act like I do) what I'm doing), but cute shoes are not one of them.
(Google Images)
Love the shirt. Love the sunglasses. Love the bag. I have serious purse envy right now. Of all things I didn't bring, why did it have to be one I would use all the time!
(Google Images)
I forgot boots on the above list (though I really could use rainboots here!). I love the boots and the coat. I'm a big fan of peacoats, both long and short. Plus the boots, jeans, coat and scarf combination is just great! I can't wait until this is me! (Once I get a paycheck, access to a mall, and live somewhere remotely cool!)
(Google Images)
She looks great just walking around. It's refreshingly wonderful to see someone not in skinny jeans. Granted, I love my skinny jeans, but the majority of the time I really don't think they work for me. My legs are not the right shape (though maybe if I had heels...). I miss having other jean options! Love these. She looks so cool and casual. I also love the sunglasses. I am glad that big sunglasses have stayed in. Love them!
(Google Images)
I love this. Keira Knightley's style is definitely a little more mature than Stewart's (some of the time anyways), and I guess I feel like I'd fit between them (though age is kind of a weird thing here. I feel dually really young, compared to my friends, and much older, in terms of responsibilities). I love this dress, necklace, shoes. I'm going to channel my mother here for a second though, she should stand up straight. I actually think I could pull this off. I also love how she doesn't try to be tan or anything. I like that. Not that I don't like tan if you are tan! But tanning really doesn't appeal to me, and she totally rocks it! Plus, I'm inside studying way too much here to get any color whatsoever.
(Google Images)
This will be me someday! Strolling along in the city, with my coffee and muffin, enjoying life and some cool air! I love her sweater and scarf combination here. Cool and casual!
Another person who I think is obscenely beautiful (and way under the radar), is Dichen Lachman, most notably, for me, from Joss Whedon's Dollhouse.
(Google Images)
So cool and casual! I love the black jeans (even though they are skinny jeans, she can rock it), the shirt and jacket. I would wear this to go out in the city any day! Love it! Can this just be my life? Not that I would trade my life or passions for a Hollywood movie star's, but maybe for the clothes and life-having!
(Google Images)
I can almost do this one! Black skirt, white flowy top! I have that hear! And big sunglasses (like above!). The shoes, not so much. That's probably okay, I'd definitely break my ankle in a pothole. I really need to go back somewhere where I can get dressed up and go out! I know I can here to a certain extent. Just last night I went out to celebrate with a friend for his birthday, but it is just isn't the same when it's 80, your shoes have been wet all day, and the water is vaguely brown.
I suppose this is enough dreaming for the day and enough distraction from being trapped in my apartment with only my studies (and the internet, at least there's that). Back to bone lectures. I don't know why it's especially bad this weekend, but I find that I am colossally bored. At least I have fewer lectures to go through since we had a short week!









No comments:
Post a Comment